Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dear God,

I have not been a very good daughter or a very good girlfriend lately. Snapping at my parents and my boyfriend for no reason has done me no good. I have turned into this monster, throwing anything and everything without conscience. I feel like I have not done your will all week or all my life. I know my character is not naturally like this, but Lord, why is it like this?

Why do I lash out in anger, or ignore wise sayings?
Why do I beat myself up over school when I know that in the end there is only the ones I love.
Why do I not make my boyfriend happy whenever he does his best to make me happy.
Why am I not the same person I was?

Lord, I feel like I have lost myself. I have lost my character, my kindness, my culture. I have just recently told him that I could not talk to him for a while because my poor attitude is diffusing into his character- which is one of the last things I was to do to a person. I rather corrupt myself and punish myself only for my problems rather than spread them to the ones I love.

Lord, I repent of my sins and the sorrow I have caused. I hope to be a better daughter, a better girlfriend and a better friend right now, because I am unaware if I will be alive tomorrow. I pray to be a better person and to be a shining influence in all the lives I touch.

I pray for mercy, forgiveness, love, wisdom and understanding. I love your grace lifting me up whenever I am in the car and listening to song that talk so great about you. I love singing and praising you. I thank you for all you have done for me; giving me this house to live in, wonderful parents, a great boyfriend, and friends that all stick by me thick and thin. I thank you for every breathe I take, every move I make, and every decision that I can make because these are all things that I take for granted Lord, and I pray to be the best child I can be.

Amen.

No comments: