Saturday, November 28, 2009

Confused or blind?

It has been a while since I wrote in here. I feel the need to express my feelings on here so I do not throw the burden at my friends.

These three and a half years have been a difficult road that taught me about myself. I knew that before I met him, I had this unrealistic view of life. Because of him, I learned how to love someone else and how to take care of them. Because of him, I strive to find a clear direction to my passion. And yet, because of him, I expect more of him than myself.

I want to know what love is. I thought I have been loving all this time; taking care of him, trying to help him succeed. But somehow, I'm being pulled down, by his lack of drive and his family. For so long I was able to keep the family separate from our lives together, but as the clock ticks, I had a hard time picturing our lives together with our families not getting along. I cannot picture myself saying, "sorry kids, we cannot visit grandma, she's not a good lady". With someone who has not had a grandma to hug and to touch, how could I isolate my future children? The future of us looks dull and hazy, just like the morning mist of a foggy morning.

Is it fair for me to do this? To judge someone because of their circumstances? Can you call me weak because I cannot look past all the obstacles? Would it be a fair argument to say that I only like me who are stable and I would leave them when they becoming paralyzed and fractured and essentially 'useless'. This is such a controversy that I have to leave up to God. If God wants us together, he would do what it takes to make this work out.

These past lonely nights have been hard. I have spent every day for the past 3 years 8 months talking to a lovely voice on the phone every night, either saying goodnight or praying. Now I have a void that I have to fill with busy work, or I cry.

Let this be a prayer.

1 comment:

nitroberg said...

Hey Sarah, I am truly sorry for your loss and everything that has happened to you in life. In times when stuff like this happens, you tend to feel like you are confused and blind, but don't look at it like that. Look at it from God's perspective. He gave you someone who left an impression on you no doubt. What's left is to grow from those experiences, which I know you will. Take heart, it will all work out in the end.

I know we haven't talked or seen each other in like...FOREVER, but I thought it would be nice to drop a line and say hey. Just keep hanging tough. Take time to focus on your goals and your future. :)

Brian